Thursday, May 16, 2013

Been a long time.

So,
   We haven't been up to too much that is photographable lately. We met up with Kristen and Dan on their whirlwind California trip. We're planning our summer a bit now and looking for camping destinations mostly unknown. I am looking to get up some mountains in the near future. The kids are good. Growing. I've finished my semester and T is working towards the end of hers.
    I took the kids to Vasquez Rocks (famous from many a film) since the weather was nice today. Turns out that Z is a complete maniac for rock climbing. If I let her she would've disappeared entirely. Especially since "A" was a lot less into it. He'd go up a bit then freak and ask me to come get him so we never got anywhere. All the while Z would be shooting to the top of something new. Pic dump in no particular order.




Yep, that's about right.








Now she's here. Turn my back and...

Now she's there.

"COME ON GUYS!!!"




I think these pictures show pretty well what I was up against trying to keep up with Z.


The park itself is really cool. The Pacific Crest Trail runs right through it and we actually saw 3 folks who left the Mexican border about a month ago on their way up to Canada by foot. There are picnic tables everywhere, cool sights and lots of folks on horseback. There is also a nature center but with Sam in tow we couldn't go in. Lots of fun and adventure.

Till next time- watch out for snakes-

RTSZA

2 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

Wow! Zoey is a mountain climber. She's brave. I would have been right where Aiden is. He's really changed since I say him a few months ago. Thanks for the great pics.

Unknown said...

You always take such fun excursions. Your kids take naturally to the rocks and climbing.