Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summertime and the livin's easy

So,
   I realize it has been a while between posts and there are several reasons for this. 1) Laziness 2) Not Many Pictures being taken (laziness) 3) Lots of being out and about.
   For the 4th of July we went swimming and ate a pile of sausages. I celebrated by trying my best to embody the spirit of the day.

The kids saw fireworks for the first time. Z wasn't terribly impressed but Aiden was enthralled and exhausted.
    Teresa signed up for one of those field trip classes again so we've been out seeing the local historically significant locations.

The Antelope Valley Indian Museum State Park

The Near Death Experience Recovery experience.

Discovering Gold under a tree.
Aiden has become very skilled at spotting the closest place to sit in every location we've visited.





We have more destinations to hit in the upcoming weeks so be on the lookout for more SUPER adventure shots.

We also went camping at Leo Carillo. I had noticed earlier in the year that there was a space open for the 8-10th. I quickly jumped on it thinking it would be a close, quick, family fun time. It was close and quick and the kids absolutely loved it. I have a few observations...
1) It's really crowded
2) Beach people act a lot different (louder, self obsessed, rude, narcissistic, aggressive, invasive) than mountain camping people.
3) There were kids running amok until all hours of the night.
    I'm sure my parents thought all of these things back in the day and since I was a roughshod hooligan I loved the bacchanalia but now I am old and not so fond. As I said before the kids really liked it and it is really nice to be that close to the beach but I'm not sure if we'll be going back to Leo any time soon.

Any who, pictures.

Our site Positives:  Nice shade, bathroom proximity but not adjacent and large. Negatives : it was right across from the store and the giant oak tree contained a beehive.

There is so much to love about this shot 
The beach, kids throwing things at water (see every post ever about us and bodies of water)






Another sweet shot.
We made s'mores the first night with reeses' peanut butter cups and they were amazing. (thanksKirk)

Fun with torches!!!!

electric... torches


Funny Face time around the fire.
We've got more summer to go but it is going by quickly. Till next time-

RTSZAB

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The sleeveless shirt is a classic which reveals the farmers tan of your biceps, and which in combination with the head scarf loudly proclaims the deep cultural roots of your cause.

I agree that Leo is heavily overrun and looks quite tired from all the revelers and beach goers.

You took some great shots at the beach which are real keepers. I especially like the ones with the kids to the left leaping or throwing sand and the beautiful surf on the right.

Looking forward to seeing you.

C&C said...

I used to love leo and going to the store for treats! Now that I'm a crotchety old mom who just wants my kids to sleep I might feel the same way as you do.

Fabulous Featherette said...

You are having lots of fun adventures this summer. We had good times at the beaches in the summer didn't we? I love pics of you, Teresa, Zoey and Aiden. I'm sure your kids have grown so much since we saw them last. I'm sorry you've lost your hiking buddy. Too bad Sam's not adventurous! Can't wait til Aug. 2!!