Monday, February 9, 2015

Zoey Awards and Ballet

So,
     Last month Zoey had her first awards ceremony at school. Aiden and I attended to cheer her on only to be told there would be no cheering. I put away my bullhorn and got out my camera.

Teresa getting her class in order for their awards.

Zoey receiving her award from her teacher Mrs. Upah 


Showing off her awards.
We've also signed Zoey up for ballet and Aiden up for basketball through the YMCA. Zoey had her first class on Wednesday. Aiden starts this coming week.



So far she likes it.

We've also been out and about taking hikes in the ridiculously nice weather. We went to a ghost town called Mentryville which was one of the first Oil towns in CA and is now used mostly for movie shoots. While we were there they were filming a movie and firing off blanks. The kids were fascinated.

Aiden picking the M&M's out of the trail mix which is half the reason he likes hikes.

The house on the left is the original Mayors house from the early 1900's. That is where they were filming so this is the closest we could get.

Other structures left from the town.
Teresa with the film shoot.
We've also been taking advantage of the early spring to ride bikes. Aiden wanted Grandpa and Grandma to see that he is big enough for his bike now.

There are still training wheels but he loves to ride it.
I've set a goal for myself to hike at least 200 miles this year so I've been out hiking whenever I can. I've found a few closer locations to take short hikes and yesterday I took a much longer hike. If you're interested in following along I post my hikes on facebook usually. Yesterday I hiked about 15 miles in mostly complete solitude. The hike had many of the things I look for in a good trip, wildflowers, peaks, difficulty, a bit of scrambling and a naked older german fellow who I surprised coming around a bend on my way down the mountain.
From the left, Mt lukens, setting moon, huge white sage bushes and me. 


Rare to find a spring flowing this strong in such a dry year in southern California




That's all for now. I'm sure there will be a post coming with Aidens sure to be epic basketball skills.

Till then-

RTSZA

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Fun times! Congrats to Z. That's a good goal to have. I think it's awesome! Love the panorama shot.

Fabulous Featherette said...

Zoey, congratulations on your award! Ballet looks fun. Wow, I knew Teresa's class was huge, but seeing them all lined up, I don't know how she does it. Aiden, glad you like riding your bike. You and Grandma C. are kindred spirits--we both like M&Ms. Nice hiking pics, Ryan. Didn't we see some naked Germans sunbathing on a rock once in Kings Canyon? Brother!

SAM!!! said...

I believe we did. I was just telling my class about both of these naked German experiences last night😀.

Dan said...

I like the panorama photo.