Thursday, April 14, 2011

Topsy Turvy Fail!


Turns out the Mojave desert isn't the greatest place to grow tomatoes. It's not the heat that ended up doing it in. As you can see here my plants have been snapped off at the stem. Since the Topsy Turvy hangs the plants the 50mph gusts of wind snapped the plants clean off. I think it's a losing proposition since it's always windy out here so I donated my setup to the spoil me rottens (who have a successful topsy turvy of their own) in the hopes that when it produces I can reap the spoils.

Till next time-
RTSZA

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Bummer. Thanks for keeping us posted. I wondered if those work. (And I guess they might if you live in a non-windy place.)

C&C said...

What's wrong with growing tomatoes the normal way? Is it harder? Tomatoes are gross.

SAM!!! said...

animals, space, sam, ease etc.