Sunday, June 17, 2012

Last Week.

So,
   T finished up with work this week and is now home for the summer.  We are all really happy to have her around now, and I think she is happy to be done after a crazy last few weeks involving near fist fights (with parents) real fist fights (between students) and more drama than you can shake a 5th grade diploma at.
   We started out our summer by attending her school end of the year party at her principals house. Free dinner and a pool? Yes please! The kids had a great time swimming and were the stars of the joint. We are really the only ones that have little kids since the teaching profession (in CA at least) hasn't been hiring for a long time. There are no teachers younger than T so no kids our kids ages. This makes them the center of attention and they were happy to be. I got to meet a bunch of the people that she's been mentioning all year long and it was, uh, interesting? There are no pictures for a myriad of reasons mainly I didn't bring the camera.
   Aiden has been sitting at the big people table all week. This is new, interesting and like most things related to children, mildly problematic.
 
   Today is fathers day and we went  "down below" to get some of my favorite chinese food.
"A" wishes me a happy fathers day!

Z Shows him how it's done.
These beautiful ladies love Chi's Chinese Cuisine!

 I'll probably BBQ up something tonight and we'll hang out. It is summer for real here now and going out isn't very much fun.
   This coming week will be full of appointments with Drs. of all type since T is off of work. A few days of her cleaning up and moving to a new room at school. Then on Thursday the 21st I have a show going up in the new Lancaster Museum of Art and History, with an opening taking place from 6-8 pm. There aren't any images up on the web yet (grrrrr) but I'm going to make sure to take some pictures of the stuff on the walls and the opening and I will be sure to post them.
   That's what's new here.
Crazy shot of the week.


Till next time.

RTSZA

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Love it. I'm so glad you post often so I can see what you guys are up to. Looks like A and Afton had a similar Father's Day (she actually threw up twice...). Happy father's day! You are a good dad. When are you coming to visit us?

K said...

Congrats on the showing! That's awesome! I would like to hear more about the near fist fights with parents.

maynard said...

I enjoy the frequent posts to keep up with you all. Your a great family.