Saturday, June 23, 2012

Opening



So,
   I had the opening at the museum Thursday evening. The following pictures will make it seem empty but it was actually quite crowded. The museum opened up to the public for free for my opening and they were shocked at the amount of people who came through. They said that they hadn't had that many people since the grand opening celebration 7 weeks ago. It was a good time. There were suave finger foods, beverages, and air conditioning. I was interviewed by some local media types who haven't posted anything yet but they took photos and video.
   T and the kids came and joined the fray at about 7:30 and they quickly took over the spotlight. They were really well behaved and all dressed up so that part went really well.
   It was a good enough time made all the better by the fact that everyone at the museum seemed overwhelmingly positive about the  reception and I sold a piece on opening night. 
  The show will be up until August 8th and they expect a lot of people to come through and see it. 
 Out in front.
The kids watching the activity and goings on.

The fliers for the most recent artists to go on display. I don't know who this Christoff fellow is. He wasn't there and I didn't see any of his stuff. I think it's on the roof.
The one on the right is the one that sold already.
Chatting, eating and goings on.
This guy attempted to completely monopolize my time and sweat all over everything. He went on for at least one half hour about dry lake beds and tectonic transformations of "his" Mojave... T sent in Z to get me out of there.

   I will be going back to take my own shots of the plaques and the space. It is my understanding that anyone can come up and see it for free any time the museum is open. 

RTSZA




5 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

Exciting Ryan! What a great evening with more to come!

Kristen said...

RYAN! That is so cool! I'm so proud of you! Looks awesome.

It was nice of you to stand there so long w/ that guy. And congrats on already selling a piece!

maynard said...

Great going on your show. You're a patient man with that gloob on visitor.

K said...

sweet bro. good job. i'm going to edit the lancaster wikipedia page to list you as a notable resident.

SAM!!! said...

I checked and you didn't. I was disappointed:(