Monday, June 15, 2015

About that tease a few weeks ago.

So,
    At the beginning of the may we scheduled a door installation with the Home Depot. They had a guy come out to measure the frame. We have an abnormal door frame size so we'd need to special order that part which would take 2 week. When the door got to the store then we'd set up the appointment. Well about a week and a half later the door arrived in the store. We got a call from the company set to install it and they told us they were booked solid for 2 weeks so they would come on June 9th between 12 and 2pm.

June 9th rolls around and I am sitting and waiting. At 1:55 I get a call from a teenage girl saying they won't be able to make it out there that day. Would I like to reschedule (no! but I don't really have a choice now do I?) for the 11th? Fine I say. Click.

2 hours later I get a call from done right construction in Bakersfield 2 hours away. They say that they just got the job from Home Depot and they can't come out until the 15th between 12 and 2pm.
 After a strange conversation it comes to light that somehow during the last 2 hours the previous company is no longer working with Home Depot so these guys are taking the job.


Today they called us at 11:30 and said they were out in front of our house, where are we? Well, our window wasn't until noon but we're on our way.

Any who...

old door.



New door exterior:


Interior:

House with new fences and new door: (obviously next up eventually is the trim.)



For comparison before fence and door:


TADA!

RTSZA

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks fantastic! I'm glad it worked out eventually.

Kristen said...

Looks SO nice. The new trim around the door really looks great, too! That is weird about the company... And I hate waiting for people to show up.

Fabulous Featherette said...

I love it! What a difference the door and the fence make.

Dan said...

Looks amazing. I feel like I need to put on my sunglasses to look at the new fence.

K said...

Dope brah