Tuesday, June 30, 2015

super hike


SO,

Last week between vomiting fests I took a hike.

I walked across the San Gabriel mountain range from Inspiration point to Mill Creek Summit fire station. According to the official Pacific Crest Trail Maps this is 51 miles.  According to my handheld GPS it is more like 56 miles.

I did this in the interest of training for my sierra hike across the High Sierra Trail and in the interest of completing the Adventure 16 PCT challenge which might win me free shoes!!!

I walked hard, packed light (35lbs) and enjoyed it all.

http://caltopo.com/m/756N


http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=3179811








I pushed myself to the dehydration point, walked further than I thought possible ,and was tired beyond belief. In other words I came close to the total amount an experienced PCT hiker makes in 2 days. I intended to push myself and I succeeded. I don't have the callouses of a PCT hiker so I have been paying for it ever since with  blisters,  but I am proud of myself.

Next week Teresa goes to Anaheim and we all go to Colorado!!!!,

Till Then-

RSTZA.


6 comments:

Fabulous Featherette said...

Very impressive! Did dad send you the link for the shoe inserts?

SAM!!! said...

Yes he Did I went out and got some. Have to give em a test.

C&C said...

Dad sent me shoe inserts too. The company should start paying him.

Dan said...

See any bears in all of that Bear Country?

K said...

That's a long walk.

SAM!!! said...

Dan, never do. Saw a few deer and that's about it for larger animals.