Sunday, March 20, 2011

(Insert witticism here)

Hello,
T is going on spring break this week. The spoil me rottens came up yesterday to hang with the kids. There are no pictures of that because I ran off to take advantage of the few weeks CA is green to photograph the Salton Sea. It was fantastic. There are other random pictures of the children.



I mostly finished the planter but now I'm thinking about lining it with brick to make it look more finished. We picked drought tolerant trees so hopefully our black thumbs can't kill them.


I've also started tomatoes in a Topsy Turvy. Everyone I know who's used on says they are great. Well, I may have discovered one problem, out here it is so windy that one of the stalks broke clean off. I think the hanging doesn't offer any support or bracing and it can get really windy out here. We'll see how it works but here's a pic of when it started.

_R-T_S-za

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Good for you! It will be fun to see pictures of the trees years from now where they're bigger.

I want to see your pics of the sea. Good luck w/ the tomatoes.

Colleen said...

Your kids are adorable! Good job on the planter...and I want to hear all about your homemade salsa from the enormous tomato crop. :)