Monday, May 21, 2012

Total (Not Really) Eclipse of the Heart ((or not) I'm kinda forcing that one)

So we had an 80% solar eclipse here yesterday. It was 100% further north on the west coast. I prepared a solar eclipse viewing pinhole device and we went out into the yard. Despite the fact that these don't happen to often the kids weren't enthused.
This was my handy dandy Pinhole viewer so that we didn't have to look at the sun and burn holes in our retinas.
I'm sure there is some kind of commentary on our life in that picture. This was the view inside.
This was my attempt at photographing it with my old mostly busted digital camera. Notice the lens flare is in the shape of the eclipse.
I guess it is a byproduct of this type of eclipse and the same effect that allows the pinhole viewer to work that anywhere there is a tiny hole the shapes of the eclipse will appear projected onto surfaces behind that. so here is our fence covered in tiny eclipse projections and our neighbors house.
The eclipse was pretty neat. RTSZA

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Woah. That's awesome. Wish we could have seen that!

Fabulous Featherette said...

Very cool!