Monday, October 19, 2015

Outside is Still The Best side.

So,
     The kids are doing well. They both graduated their respective swim lesson groups and are happy to be moving on to the next level up. Teresa is still in the 20's as far as how many kindergartners she has to control/ teach. Last week I had planned to do a super late season backpack trip up Mt Langley (9th tallest in CA) but the weather had other ideas. A day before we were supposed to leave we had an insane thunderstorm which resulted in snow in the Sierra. 6 ft mudslides on the highways up to the Sierra and tons of property damage.

Trip Canceled.

Since I already had my bags packed. I rerouted my trip and thought about bringing along Whitney on her first overnight. We went to Little Jimmy trail camp in the San Gabriels.

View to the South from Trailhead. Whitney ready to go.

View to the North (where we were headed.)

Man skills enough to make fire in wet weather with wet wood.



These clouds were blasting through that saddle.


Foggy 2nd morning.

Tired pup.

We made the summit of Mt Islip since we had extra time. Whitney did pretty well, she barked at people but was friendly when they actually wanted to meet her. She slept in the tent no problem. As you can see it was foggy most of the time but really lovely until right when I was packing up to hike out and we had a short downpour that soaked everything before I could throw on my pack cover.

    While I was gone Teresa took the kids to halloween at the zoo.

Aiden wore his Batman Cape. Some kids dressed up.




Teresa handed the camera to the kids and they came up with these shots of the animals.




They had a good time and Teresa purchased the annual passes again so I'm sure we'll be heading back there often.
   

Till next time-

RTSZAW

1 comment:

Fabulous Featherette said...

You are a hiking machine! Glad Whitney was cooperative. Cute kidlets at the zoo! It's a good thing Batman was there to protect everyone!