Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cherries

Yesterday was the opening of the Leona Valley Cherry season. Folks from all over SoCal call and email and such to find out when the cherries will be ready. They were ready on Saturday at 8am and one of the girls at the orchard said they would be gone by sunday night. We went up given that I fancy Bing cherries (I thought I was the only one in this fam, turns out that was wrong.)
Here are the adventure pictures.



They were incredible purple sweet juicy and when we got there at 10am the bottoms of the trees had already been picked clean.
Luckily I had help in the form of Z, and I am a little taller than your average old lady.



The weather here has finally reached summer temp. This is nice on a cherry picking morning at 4,000 feet.







But really bad when your 20 year old air conditioner doesn't want to work anymore. We're getting a new one put in tomorrow right before the temps get 100+.

We try to spend more time outside because at least there is a breeze. Here Z shows off her New Trike courtesy of Grandpa + Grandma CHEEEE! (Z speak)



That ends this post.

ReallyThickStinkyZachunAids

4 comments:

maynard said...

Great plan using Zoey as your farm hand and extending your reach.

Cute trike. It will be great when she can reach the pedals.

Enjoy your new A/C.

SAM!!! said...

her feet can reach the pedals if she wants to but she doesn't really get the whole pedaling thing yet. good thing it's got a removable handle on the back so we can push.

Fabulous Featherette said...

I can see little z tearing around on that once she gets the hang of it. Have fun pushing her! Your cherry-picking outing looks like fun. I miss my grandchildren. (and their parents).

Kristen said...

You guys are pickin' pros. Looks like fun.
I don't like cherries. But I'm glad you do. And she's so cute on her tricycle!